Mr. Soga represents a variety of clients throughout the lower mainland. Before he began representing private clients, he worked as a prosecutor for four years in New Westminster. Mr. Soga’s practice consists almost entirely of criminal defence work, including matters relating to immigration and mental health issues. He conducts prison hearings, and also represents clients in front of administrative tribunals (such as the Immigration and Refugee Board).
Mr. Soga grew up in Kamloops. He attended the University of British Columbia and the University of Toronto and then returned to Vancouver to complete his law degree in 1985. His community activities include more than 10 years as a dedicated volunteer for the Special Olympics and for Amnesty International.
- Member – Law Society of BC, since 1986
- Member – Canadian Bar Association, since 1986
- Member – CBA Criminal Law Subsection (New Westminster), since 1986
- B.A. – University of British Columbia, 1981
- M.A. – University of Toronto, 1982
- LL.B. – University of British Columbia, 1985